Natural Diets And Healthy Living Increase Energy And Wellbeing
You have choices as to what food you fuel your body with. These decisions will determine whether your body will become a toxic waste dump for a variety of processed unhealthy foods or a vehicle for enjoying high energy healthful living.
A major principal of natural living, or natural diets as it is commonly referred to, is keeping your colon clean by doing the following:
- Drinking plenty of fresh water daily
- Eating mainly raw fresh fruit and vegetables
- Eating high fiber grains and legumes
Your body needs to be continually flushed and cleansed in order to derive high energy levels and a feeling of complete well-being. Healthy living is not just about your diet, but also about how you feel and how you think.
The Secret Keys of a Natural Diet
A holistic approach is used, combining natural diets and healthy living to achieve an overall sense of health and well-being. It involves approaching life, with balanced emphasis placed on considering the following factors:
- Pure eating is not a diet, but rather a lifestyle choice
- Eating fruits and vegetables for nourishment as opposed to highly processed foods
- Drinking pure water for hydration, organic herbal teas and raw food juices
- Spending time daily in the sunshine
- Engaging in gentle exercise to strengthen your body
- Opening your heart to your spirit within
- Sufficient rest every night
Inner cleanliness, which is a natural occurrence when you choose to live naturally, is important to every aspect of your life. It is the secret to that consistent energetic feeling, and a balanced body weight. It is also the answer to living with a mind that is clear and focused.
How to Eat on a Natural Diet
Essentially pure eating is about consuming vitamins and minerals in their natural state for optimal health and nutrition allowing your body to consume an abundant amount of phyto-nutrients.
Par-Steamed vegetables that are heated through, but not actually cooked are also very nutritious and great for a cold winters night. Juicing fruits and vegetables is a healthy and delicious alternative to drinking water. Then again, you may prefer satisfying your thirst with an organic herbal tea.
What to Expect from a Natural Diet and Healthy Living
When eating pure foods, you will notice an increase in urination because the raw foods act as a diuretic, releasing harmful toxins. Examples of health benefits derived from raw foods include things like:
- Carrot, celery and cucumber acting as natural diuretics
- Lettuce increases mental alertness
- Celery alleviates heart burn.
- Carrot juice aids in eliminating night blindness
- Brighter colored raw foods alleviate symptoms of depression
Preparation of food should be simple, well presented and easy to eat for maximum enjoyment. Colorful foods are considered to be happy foods because they generate feel good chemicals in your brain and are naturally attractive to the eye, thus increasing desire to want to eat them.
This post was included in the All Things Eco Blog Carnival.